August 14, 2014

BC Mures Forwards: Dimitris Rasty

Playing for the U20 National Team
Dimitris Rasty is one of the young talents of Romanian basketball. He was born in Grece but learned basketball in Romania, mostly at Colegiul National Aurel Vlaicu. At 200 cm height he plays small and power forward, but he is hard to guard by tall players because he can shoot with a decent percentage from outside the arc. Rasty also has good penetration to the basket, playing well the mismatch situations.
Last season he played for Concordia Chiajna in the National League, finishing in 13th place with only 2 victories. He also played for the U20 National Team at the Division B European Championships, finishing in 9th place.
At Chiajna he played 25 games, having 3.5 points, 1.6 rebounds and 0.4 assist in 16 minutes per game. At the European Championships he had a statistical line of 2.9 points, 2 rebounds and 0.4 steals in 11.6 minutes per game.
At BC Mures he will have to fight for a place on the court with veteran players like Peciukas, Ivanovic, Emile or Capusan so he has a lot on his hands, but his youth and fighting spirit can make him a useful role player in the team. He will have the opportunity to play in the club's second division team with other young talent like Barabási Csongor, Lucian Țibîrnă, Adrian Oprea, etc. There he will have the chance to strengthen his game and, given the opportunity, to make the step to the senior team.

Below you can read an interview with Dimitris Rasty.

1. Why did you choose BC Mures?
 I chose BC Mures because it is a top team both at senior and youth levels. The young players have total support from the club and also  from the fans, which is important to me as a player at the beginning of my career.
2. For a relatively tall player you have hot hands from outside the three point line. Which are your favorite positions on the court?
Because of my height I can play either positions 3 or 4, so I have to master both forward and center moves. My favorite position is of power forward because there I can play pick  and pop with my teammates from positions 1-2-3. This way I can create an open three point shot more easily, just like Ivanovic.
Playing for Chiajna in the National League
3. Which are your strengths with which you can make it at BC Mures?
I like to give 100% in everything I do, at practice and on the court. I always listen, never give up and I am always behind my team, no matter what, because in basketball the final result can always be changed.
4. A few words for the fans.
Thank you for the welcome messages and the support. Because of you my accommodation and work as a player will be much easier! 







No comments:

Post a Comment