January 01, 2015

1 New Year's Resolutions

Today is the first day if the rest of my life. But guess what: that goes for you too!

On every New Years Eve we pledge ourselves to do certain things, to stop doing other things, to reach a goal in the New Year. Let's be honest, most people do this on some scale: some want to lose a few kilos, others want to stop smoking, a few decide to learn a foreign language and other sort of personal goals possible and impossible alike.

I have to admit, I am lazy by nature. I like to do things and I get to them eventually, but it takes me too much time to make myself get off my behind and start working. I like to tell my wife: Honey, you have already asked me to fix the faucet, you don't have to remind me every 6 months. 

Lazy as I am, I have managed to pull off a few things in my life, but this is not the place nor the time for self praising, I'll let you do that for me (ha-ha-ha).

For this year, 2015, I pledged to write 365 blog posts, that is a whopping 1 (one) post for every day. Will I be able to pull it off? I certainly hope so. The hardest part will be to find interesting topics, topics that will make you deem this blog worthy of your time. Otherwise it would only be a waste of energy.

I would like to ask you to comment on my posts, not (only) to praise me but to help me become a better writer, to find topics that interest you and to find my flaws (not that I have any ha-ha).

I leave you with a few New Year's Resolution cartoons. Leave some comments about your own New Year's Resolutions. Let's find out together if we have the stamina and dedication to bring them to life.

See you tomorrow!













No comments:

Post a Comment